Tuesday, January 27, 2009

About Time

I know... It's about time I posted... We've been home for 11 days now and I think I am just now catching my breath. The first 5 days home are a blurr -- gosh that jet lag and time change is a killer! Just about the time I thought I had it licked, it got me again.

The trip home was LONG... Did I say LONG? Let me say LONG again. The girls did really great all things considered. I on the other hand was over it. And just as our final plane pulled into New Orleans 30 minutes early, we sat on the tarmac for oh 30 minutes waiting for another plane to leave our gate. I thought Tony and I were going to stand up and scream! But enough of that... We are all home safe and sound.
Emma is absolutely beautiful and doing so well. She's much more verbal than Mia was which scares me to death because Mia is SO verbal now. Emma's first English words were mama (that's the same in Chinese), boo (she was playing peek-a-boo with Zach), Bye-Bye Daddy, Prissy (but say it with a B and minus the R) and last night as Tony was tickling her belly, she very clearly said "Stop It!" and laughed out loud. It was hilarious -- and the more we laughed the more she'd say it.

Here's some highlights from the past several days...

Emma got the hang of opening presents in less than 3 seconds -- much to Mia's disappointment as she was hoping to "help" her little sister open her Christmas and birthday gifts from the family. Check out the Sonya Lee Tea Set from Aunt Katie...


She immediately sat on one of the little chairs!


Emma loves music and banging on her new xylophone from Peter, Kristin, Sara and Chloe.

She's a peanut -- about the same size at 26 months as Mia was at 19 months -- so sometimes it's hard to remember she's 2 years old. Even at 2, walking in high heels seems a little much, but this little priss sure can strut her stuff.


There's not much "peace" around here... but Dad won this round!

Cousin Alex came over for Emma's first sleepover. Alex was so helpful and Emma took right to her. You can tell Alex has a little brother -- she's really good with little ones.


No it's now Halloween, but a girl should be able to dress up anytime!

No comments: