Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hooray for School!

The kids started school last Monday... Hip Hip Hooray!

Okay, I may be a terrible mom but after a summer filled with daily workouts (Zach, not me!), a teenager's social life, two little girls who were "bored" on day two of summer, three barking dogs and a full time job, that's how I felt when the bus rounded the corner.

It is bitter-sweet... I do see how my babies aren't babies anymore and I wish I could just make them stop right where they are but I also love seeing just who they are becoming.  I pray God gives me what I need to help guide them where He intends to lead them. 

Every year, we take first day of school pics... And one day I'll make some cool scrapbook spread with them all lined up over the years... Or better yet, I'll give the pics to Aunt Sissy and she can do it properly!

Clearly Zach is becoming a man...
Zach - 10th Grade
I can't believe he started his sophomore year at LHS.


 
Mia is sassy as can be and got on that bus with her ponytail just a swingin'.

Mia - 1st Grade
We are thrilled that she got into the multi-age program at WES (a classroom of half first graders and half second graders). Her teacher is Ms. Stratton who also taught Zach and is his all-time favorite teacher. She's firm but fair - perfect for my two oldest and strong-willed children.

Emma started Pre-K at New Covenant - Mias old school - and has many of the same teachers as Mia did. She climbed out of the car on her first day with her Little Petshop lunchbox and never looked back. She tells us every morning that she misses her teachers. She was so ready to go to school, but I am glad we waited to enroll her. I guess I wasn't ready until now.

Emma - Pre-K


 
And of course there's never enough chaos, so also on the first day of school was the girls' first gymnastics class!  

 

No wonder Tony and I are exhausted at 9:00 at night...
  

No comments: