Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We're Home!

We made it home last night around 8:30pm -- YAY! We were pleasantly surprised Sunday around 5pm when Dr. Levitt came and checked Emma out and said she could eat and then go home.
The nurse suggested we start with juice and wait...


Then order a tray of food and wait...

And then, if everything went down fine, they would remove the PIC line and we could be discharged.

As she ate her hot dog and macaroni & cheese, all Emma could keep saying was,
"I eat food, ma!"

What a great moment...

It was 8:30pm by the time all that was done so we stayed at the Ronald McDonald house Sunday night and got up early Monday and drove home. Tony did a great job and we made it in a single day -- 800 miles in 12 hours!

Glad to be home!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Ho my I missed the surgery I am so glad to read that things went better then expected. It was the same for us. Please drop me an email when you have time and let me know how you are all doing.