Saturday, April 18, 2009

April Happenings

Mia's last soccer game of the season was earlier this month, and while Mom and Dad watched the nail-biting season finale, Emma and Zach took a little stroll. I love this series of pics... I just wish I knew what they were talking about! Emma adores her big brother and whenever he's not around, lifts up her little hands and asks "Where's Zachy?" with a quizzical look on her little face. You can see here, he has a soft spot for Emma, too.






















After the game, Mia was awarded with her very first trophy! She was so proud, as were Mom and Dad. A wonderful ending to a fantastic season!









Easter weekend was jam-packed with fun-filled and very special events... We spent most of Friday and Saturday with some of my dearest friends celebrating the life of their father who passed away earlier this year. In his passing, just as in his life, he preferred food and wine, joy and laughter... and his girls did it right. Spending time with these friends of 20+ years was the perfect way to remind me of the many blessings in my life. I am so grateful to be a part of their lives.
To Hanky Poo & Dottie Too!

Sweet Emma had so much fun she couldn't take any more... literally! This is her tucked away in a chair at Julie's house with all kinds of commotion going on around her. Aren't they just so sweet when they're sleeping?

The girls decorated Easter eggs while Mom cooked a HUGE pot of Memee's Dirty Rice (yum!). This was Emma's first Easter... As always, she followed Mia's lead and the two of them dyed the most beautiful eggs. Hmmm... reminds me, I need to make tuna fish today...


There's so many firsts around here these days... My two experienced beater lickers, Zach and Mia, were too happy to show Emma how it's done!

He is Risen! What a glorious day! I love Easter morning, seeing everyone all dressed up celebrating our Risen Lord. My favorite is the little girls in their beautiful dresses and bows, lacy socks and gloves and the little boys in their handsome little suits and yes, sweater vests! Here's my sweet girls with their angel hands....
And a few more pics while everyone is clean and dressed all at the same time...
But don't be fooled by their angel faces... sitting through Mass was another matter altogether! :)
We celebrated at our house after with food, family and an Easter egg hunt. What a wonderful bunch!
Ahhhh... the end to a long and wonderful day!

No comments: